Credit: 1 AIA LU/HSW, PDH
This course will explore the versatility of wood plastic composites, with a specific focus on composite rainscreen cladding. It will cover the sustainability of wood plastic composites from manufacturing, performance, and life cycle perspectives. We will also discuss color and design options for composite cladding, as well as applications in the residential and commercial sectors.
By the end of the course, you will be able to do the following:
- Introduce wood plastic composites, including their composition, applications, and how they can be used in rainscreen cladding systems.
- Examine the sustainability of wood plastic composites from manufacturing, performance, and lifecycle perspectives.
- Compare composite cladding to alternative cladding options, based on appearance, ease of installation, durability, and cost.
- Explore color and design options for composite cladding, as well as additional important performance measures that must be considered when specifying rainscreen cladding systems.
- Complete the learning materials located under course content.
- Once you have completed the course content, you will need to take the quiz. You must pass the quiz with a score of 70% or higher to receive credit for the course; AIA credit earned will be reported for you.
- You have unlimited attempts to take the quiz to achieve the minimum score of 70%.
- After completing the quiz, your certificate and course survey will be available for you to download.