Credit: 0.5 AIA LU/HSW
Insulation is one of the most important elements of a building. It conserves energy, reduces sound and provides comfort. Mineral wool comes in many forms including batts, board, rolls, loose fill, and acoustical products. It is suitable for a wide range of applications, from exterior curtain walls to acoustical ceiling tiles or panels. Mineral wool is the generic term for the fibrous materials that are formed by spinning minerals such as melted slag or rock at high temperatures. It is a safe and cost-effective solution for commercial insulation because it is dimensionally stable, and fire- and water-resistant. Mineral wool insulation and acoustical products also can be highly sustainable as they are made with recycled content (slag), are reusable, and save energy, which in turn, reduces pollution.
By the end of the course, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe rock and slag wool products, including their properties and applications.
- Recognize the inherent properties of rock and slag wool products around fire safety, acoustics, thermal performance and sustainability.
- Complete the learning materials located under course content.
- Once you have completed the course content, you will need to take the quiz. You must pass the quiz with a score of 70% or higher to receive credit for the course; AIA credit earned will be reported for you.
- You have unlimited attempts to take the quiz to achieve the minimum score of 70%.
- After completing the quiz, your certificate and course survey will be available for you to download.