Credit: 1 AIA LU/ELECTIVE
This course will help residential design and building professionals understand how to adapt to the ever evolving built environment. By being adaptable to the needs of the industry, ultimately, architects and designers thrive. In this course, we will discuss trends and forces impacting modern residential design and building practices. Porter’s Five Forces Framework is reviewed in depth to give context to defining and cultivating more refined strategic planning in their firms. Next, the course discusses key elements of a successful competitive advantage strategy. Finally, learners will be introduced to an innovative new product, fiber cement siding, and how its use in various applications appeals to multiple buyer profiles and helps architects stand out among competitors.
By the end of the course, you will be able to do the following:
- Understand how the current state of residential design and construction is forcing architects and building professionals to differentiate themselves.
- Discuss the key elements of a competitive advantage strategy for architects and building professionals, focusing on Porter’s Five Forces Framework.
- Learn the importance of strategic planning and how architects are growing their businesses; includes resources and tools to aid in differentiation.
- Explore how architects and building professionals can create a competitive advantage with innovative products like fiber cement siding.
Orange Avenue, Larkspur, CA
- Complete the learning materials located under course content.
- Once you have completed the course content, you will need to take the quiz. You must pass the quiz with a score of 70% or higher to receive credit for the course; AIA credit earned will be reported for you.
- You have unlimited attempts to take the quiz to achieve the minimum score of 70%.
- After completing the quiz, your certificate and course survey will be available for you to download.